Thursday, April 26, 2012

JAKQ

Yesterday I headed out to Nipponbashi or でんでんタウン for a long overdue geeky day.  


I was hoping that since the new sentai series has started I would find some cheaper Gokaiger toys (particularly a certain blue figure that costs damn 3,800 yen D8).  No go on the Gokaiger stuff, but I did pick up a nice present to give to Becka when I go see her next week......




...and of course I can't make it away without a new blue ranger!






I am happy to introduce to you

Diamond Jack 

coming at you from way back in 1977 (9 years before I was born).

He was the blue warrior for JAKQ Dengekitai (ジャッカー電撃隊) which was actually not called a sentai series until sometime in the 90's.  I haven't really seen much of this show since it's a little harder to find but it pretty much follows along with the old school hero show bit.  Fuzzy filming, bad costumes and MAGICALLY 70's hair. 
This brings my "retro" sentai count up to three.
Bitches are hard to find ;_;




Youtube is surprisingly unhelpful when it comes to this particular series but I found something decent.  You can hear their badass theme song playing in the background of this beautifully choreographed, flawlessly executed fight scene.
  


So ends the geekery for this evening.
Back to the food tomorrow, promise~

No comments:

Post a Comment