Tuesday, December 13, 2011

はちみつレモン?

Japan does weird things to Fanta.  Actually, just about everywhere but America does weird things to Fanta....



Let's rephrase:
Japan does weird things to soda.
(also acceptable to read as "Japan does weird things.")

So I'd like to introduce you to Honey and Lemon flavored Fanta.


I had heard stories of plain lemon Fanta.  They were magical tales of Lemonade with carbonation.  I am a huge fan of lemonade so I was beyond excited when I saw this unassuming bottle in the cooler upstairs at the 100 yen shop.
First thing's first, this does not taste like carbonated lemonade.  Imagine my disappointment.  It was pretty epic.
It does not, however, taste particularly bad.  Not much has ever earned the label bad from me though.


First taste and you're just thinking "Oh, this is bubbly, and lemony, and very very strange."  Not a bad start.  "Where's the honey flavor?" you wonder...then you hit the aftertaste.  "Is that...Ricola?  Or maybe Sucrets?"

This stuff is pretty much fizzy weirdness followed by a distinct liquid coughdrops flavor.
A lot of people do not appreciate this strange combination, but as I was the kid that ate Halls like candy, I kinda dig it.
Too bad that like most interesting drinks in Japan, this flavor was 限定 which loosely translates to "too bad if you like it we're only gonna sell it for roughly two weeks to a month and after that oh well 8DD"  I can't find it anymore...



Shit still doesn't taste like Honey.

No comments:

Post a Comment